The Board of Directors established the position of the President to implement Board policy and to direct the overall organization of the College. The President may delegate or reserve any executive management function but retains the final responsibility for duties included but not limited to the following:
- To serve as the executive secretary of the Board of Directors.
- To direct the general operation of the total college programs.
- To present the institutional budgets to the Board for review and approval.
- To develop and recommend policy changes for the Board.
- To coordinate public relations efforts at the local, State and National levels,
- To manage the overall college budget.
- To approve non-budgeted equipment purchases and miscellaneous expenditures up to $10,000 and approve campus development projects up to $20,000.
- To foster positive relationships between the College, the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes’ Tribal Council, Tribal departments, area high schools, accreditation associations, institutional associations, and the Indian community.
- To represent the College at board meetings of the American Indian Higher Education Consortium.
- To develop and present an annual report on the status of the College to the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes’ Tribal Council.
Adopted: Policy has been in place prior to Sept. 2003
Reviewed: 4/2015, 5/2020, 3/2023