All employees are expected to maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and impartiality in the conduct of college business.
An employee will not:
- engage in any activity that conflicts with the employee’s official duties.
- use their position to secure privileges.
- receive compensation from any other person or organization for performing official duties.
- disclose confidential information to an unauthorized person for any reason.
- use college resources for personal benefit.
Conflict of Interest, or potential conflict of interest, occurs when there is a divergence between the employee’s private interests and professional obligations to SKC, such that an independent observer might reasonably question whether the employee’s professional actions or decisions are determined by considerations of personal gain, financial or otherwise.
History: Adopted: Policy has been in place prior to Sept. 2003
Reviewed 1/2017, 8/2020