Administration as defined in Section 220.00; Instructional Staff as defined in Section 222.00; and Non Teaching Faculty as defined in Section 222.10 shall be eligible for sabbatical leave in accordance with the following sabbatical leave provisions:
- Full-time employees will become eligible for sabbatical leave upon completion of five (5) consecutive years of employment at the College.
- Compensation during sabbatical leave will be negotiated with the Board.
- Upon returning to the SKC campus, the employee will submit a report to the President and the Board concerning the value of leave to him/her.
- The purpose of the leave should be to study, travel, research, write or rest designed to improve the faculty/administrator’s professional and vocational ability.
- The applicant must submit a plan outlining the purpose of the sabbatical leave and how the time will be spent.
- Sabbatical leave time may not exceed 30 months.
Adopted: Policy has been in place prior to Sept. 2003
Reviewed 10/2017, 8/2020