The Salish Kootenai College Board of Directors has adopted the following goals. These were formulated to provide further specificity to the Mission Statement.
- To assist with the preservation of the cultures, languages, histories, and natural environment of the Salish, Pend d’Oreille, and Kootenai people.
- To provide postsecondary education opportunities for Native Americans in the following areas: degree programs, vocational training, college transfer programs, community service, Native American culture and history, and adult education.
- To provide a learning environment in which students develop skills in effective communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, and citizenship.
- To provide comprehensive student services.
- To provide life-long, continuing education opportunities for personal and both professional development through a variety of instructional formats offered on and off campus.
- To provide assistance to tribal entities and departments in staff preparation, planning, research and services according to identified needs.
- To assist the Indian community with economic development needs of the Flathead Indian Nation.
- To provide adequate institutional support and financial resources.