309.90 Use of College Vehicles

College vehicles may be used by authorized college Board Members and employees to conduct college business. College vehicles will not be loaned/rented to individuals or groups outside of the College or Tribal government.  Exceptions will be made upon written approval by the President, Vice President of Academic Affairs or Vice President of Business Affairs.

All employees must follow current procedures:

  1.  At no time shall there be alcohol or drugs carried in any college vehicle. There shall not be any smoking or chewing of tobacco in any college vehicle.
  2. At no time will any employee drive a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
  3. Should any college vehicle become involved in an accident, the driver or any able-bodied passenger must notify the College immediately. If an accident occurs after normal working hours, then the President should be notified. If unable to reach the President, then the below-named individuals should be notified:
    1. Vice President of Business Affairs, or
    2. Vice President of Business Affairs.
  4.  Employees who may drive college vehicles must have a current Montana Driver’s License. SKC Transportation must have a copy of the license number on file.

According to the college insurance plan, any employee driving a college vehicle for a college function is covered by college insurance provided the driver has obtained proper permission from college administration to drive and has a valid license.


Adopted: Policy has been in place prior to Sept. 2003
Reviewed: 4/2018, 8/2020

Theme: Overlay by Kaira
Salish Kootenai College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Salish Kootenai College | PO Box 70 | 58138 US Highway 93 | Pablo, MT 59855 | 406.275.4800.