Upon successfully completing a program of required coursework and other requirements as defined by their graduate program of study, and in consultation with their graduate advisor, a student is ready to advance to the thesis or project phase. After a student has successfully completed the requirements below the student can enroll in thesis or project courses. In order to be advanced to candidacy, the student must have:
- Completed coursework and other specific degree requirements as defined by each graduate advisor and graduate program of study;
- Completed required coursework with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (“B”);
- All grades earned must be a minimum “B” grade or 3.0 grade;
- Received a recommendation for advancement to candidacy from the Graduate Program Director/Advisor;
- Received final approval of being advanced to Candidacy as determined by the Graduate Program Director and Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Students can only enroll in thesis and project credits after approval by the Graduate Committee advancement to candidacy.