Students may transfer up to fourteen (14) quarter credits or nine (9) graduate semester credits on the recommendation of the student’s graduate advisor. The transfer credits must meet the following requirements:
- The courses must have been taken for graduate credit. This information is verified by the SKC Transfer Specialist when the student submits a transcript of the transfer coursework.
- Grades must be either an “A” or a “B” grade or 3.0 or higher.
- Credits must be earned at an institution that is regionally accredited that offers a graduate degree in the discipline of the course being transferred.
- Credits must be applicable to the degree being sought.
- Credits must be no more than five years old from time of course completion.
Credits that cannot be transferred into a SKC graduate program:
- Thesis credits;
- More than (8) quarter credits or five (5) semester credits earned at the undergraduate level;
- Credits previously used in completing an undergraduate or graduate degree program;
- Co-Operative Education Credits;
- Continuing Education Credits.