- The purposes for which Salish Kootenai College Foundation is formed are:
- To administer the endowment and grant funds of the Salish Kootenai College, Inc., an institution of higher learning located at Pablo, Montana, for the benefit of the college and the students thereof.
- To award scholarships to deserving students on a non-discriminatory basis who attend the Salish Kootenai College, Inc.
- To make grants to Salish Kootenai College, Inc. which, in the opinion of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation, will advance the higher educational objectives of Salish Kootenai College, Inc.
- To receive and maintain a fund or funds of real or personal property or both, and, subject to the restrictions and limitations hereinafter set forth, to use and apply the whole or any part of the income there from and the principal thereof exclusively for the educational and charitable purposes herein stated, either directly or by contributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 509 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 and its regulations, as they now exist or as they may hereafter be amended.
- In order to insure a good working relationship between the Salish Kootenai College Board of Directors and the Foundation Board the following policies are in effect.
- The Foundation will be governed by a Foundation Board and in accordance with by-laws adopted by the Foundation.
- The Foundation shall notify the College Board of Directors of amendments to the Foundation By-Laws.
- A minimum of two members of the College Board of Directors will serve on the Foundation Board.
- The Foundation Board and the College Board of Directors will hold a joint meeting once each year. The Foundation will report on its past year’s accomplishments and plans for the future.
- The Executive Director for the Foundation will be employed by Salish Kootenai College and supervised by the President.
Adopted: Policy has been in place prior to Sept. 2003