SKC uses a ranking method for salary classifications. The positions are ranked into groups entitled Custodians and Secretaries, Administrative Assistants, Technology Technician & Managers, Administrators, Instructors, and Child Care. Factors taken into consideration when ranking are:
- Value of the position to the College.
- How decisions of the position affect the College.
- Special skills required for the position
- Competition in recruiting and retaining personnel for the position
- Education and training
- Level of supervision required/given
- Contact with the students and the public
Subjective judgment by the President is used in the ranking. The President places the job in the ranking position after conferring with the administrator in charge, studying the job description, assessing the field for potential personnel, and surveying the salary requirements to fill the position.
Salaries for the different rankings are determined by surveying the salaries of employees in similar positions in the recruitment area. The ability to pay is also a major consideration.
Adopted: Policy has been in place prior to Sept. 2003
Reviewed April 2017